top of page


International applicants who are not allowed to study directly at university must pass a university entrance examination ( assessment test ).


Assessment test is a short word for "Examination to determine the suitability of foreign applicants for taking up studies at universities in the Federal Republic of Germany".


The assessment test takes place twice a year. It consists of a written and an oral part. Three subjects are examined in writing and one subject orally. The examination subjects are based on the chosen focus. The successfully passed assessment test is a prerequisite for admission to a specialist course at all German universities that offer the relevant subject.


To pass this exam and study later, you have to take a preparatory course that lasts 10 months and costs 550 euros per month .


You must choose one of the following preparatory courses:

  1. In the M-course (medicine) you will be prepared for studying in medicine, pharmacy, biology and related subjects.

  2. In the T-course (technology) you will be prepared for studying mathematics, computer science, natural sciences and technical subjects such as mechanical engineering.

  3. In the W course (business) you will be prepared for studies in economics and business administration as well as social sciences.


If you would like to take part in the preparatory course at the " Studienkolleg Hannover - STH ", you must first pass an entrance examination ( entrance test ). This exam consists of 3 parts:

  1. An interview (your motivation will be checked).

  2. A German test (level B2).

  3. A math test (school knowledge).


The complete test takes 2 hours and takes place 4 times a year. The results are known after 10 days. The exam costs 90 euros.


You can register for the exam online on the page here or in the office (Hamburger Allee 42, 30161 Hannover).


If you have passed the entrance exam, the following documents are required before you start the preparatory course and we will make an agreement with you:

1. an admission from a university in Germany (ask us, we will explain how you can get admission).

2. A school leaving certificate (officially translated and certified).

3. a certificate that you have passed the entrance examination in the "Studienkolleg Hannover - STH".


After checking your documents, you conclude an agreement with the “ Studienkolleg Hannover - STH ”. You will also receive a certificate for your visa that you will study at the "Studienkolleg Hannover - STH" for one year.


After you have completed the preparatory course “Studienkolleg Hannover - STH”, you write an assessment test that takes place twice a year (in May and November).


You have passed the assessment test! We congratulate you warmly! You can study at a university or college of your choice in Germany.

bottom of page